Wellspring Saigon is an international bilingual school dedicated to bilingual academic excellence and student potential development.At Wellspring Saigon, we understand that each student is a unique individual who needs a safe, caring, and inspiring environment in which to discover themselves and to grow.
Wellspring Saigon have developed our program on the integration of Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training standard program and the common core standard program of the state of Massachusetts, the United State. We hope Wellspring Saigon students will have a firm life skills foundation through our curriculum and club activities, which are based on Social Emotional Learning (SEL) model.
Upon achieving 15 suggested SEL skills, students will have a better understanding of their emotions, and able to manage those feelings. It will also raise students’ sympathy and empathy for others as well as how to maintain positive relationships, handle different situations with a constructive and ethical standards.
After two years of continuous effort to improve the quality of teaching and learning, the school entered the Sixed school year, 2019-2020, with a comprehensive faculty and over 1,300 happy, healthy, obedient and self confident students.
Many students had won high prizes in the domestic and international academic competitions.
With the investment of the School Leadership Team, the determination of Teachers - Students, and the companionship of Parents, the determined goal of the school will be achieved for this new school year.
We always welcome Parents and Students to visit Wellspring Saigon to learn more about the school’s curriculum.
- Plan and prepare lessons in accordance with the relevant pacing guides that corresponds to school standards.
- Deliver engaging lessons that support students below grade level while also pushing students at and above grade level
- Adapt and reassess lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, and update relevant information and include new developments in education
- Cover lessons as needed when another teacher is absent
- Communicate with parents as per school guidelines on a regular basis, including presenting student progress reports and informing parents of requisite student discipline
- Ensure a safe and productive learning environment for all students
- Attend professional development workshops as directed by supervisors
- Assist in the development of the school’s syllabus and learning materials as required
- Observe, evaluate and give feedback on colleagues within the same grade, below your grade level, and above your grade level as directed by your supervisor
- Attend grade/subject meetings as scheduled by your direct supervisor
- Coordinate lesson delivery and share best practices with colleagues teaching the same grade and subject
- Set relevant homework for each subject in accordance with the IP Secondary program’s policy Attend meetings as directed by supervisor with all teachers and TAs (VP and IP) of each class you teach to discuss student concerns, progress, etc.
2. Administrative Duties
- Mark student work and update class gradebooks, adhering to the time frame laid out by your direct supervisor and/or faculty handbook
- Participate in the annual performance review process as conducted by your direct supervisor
- Contribute to school databases such as (parent communication log, pacing guides, curriculum tracking, etc.) Complete all paperwork required for leave requests, work permits, disciplinary measures, etc. according to timelines laid out by school policy
- Submit weekly student planners that outline the focus of each lesson taught in the coming week (including topics, projects, vocabulary, homework, etc.).
- Prepare for and participate in parent-teacher meetings once a semester
- Write comments on each student’s behavior and learning (strengths, achievements, weaknesses, areas for growth) up to twice a semester
- Respond to parents’ emails within one working day with both an English and Vietnamese translation
- Schedule and attend parent meetings as requested by parents or when a determined need arises
- Communicate issues that arise for individual students or classes with your direct supervisor
- Contribute to the planning and execution of events held by IP Secondary (Science Fair, Reading Week, etc.)
4. Contributions to the Wellspring Community
- Adhere to all regulations, policies and other assignments as dictated by the Board of Directors
- Participate in up to 4 Saturday events per year as required by the School’s need
- Participate in Saturday and Sunday parent meetings once or twice per semester (overtime pay applies on Saturday afternoon and Sunday) Other: Perform other tasks and responsibilities as might be reasonably assigned by your direct supervisor or the Deputy Head of International Secondary
1. Educational Qualification & Working Experience
- Required: BA, BSc, BEd - Required: A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (full-time), preferably in an international school
- Desirable: Teaching Certification, PGCE, or QTS - Desirable: CELTA, TESOL, or TEFL
2. Relevant Technical Skills
- The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours
- The ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships
- The ability to work with a diverse group of individuals with an understanding of different personal and cultural backgrounds
- The ability to incorporate current technology into the classroom environment effectively
- The ability to facilitate group discussion, analyze situations, and draw conclusions
- A thorough understanding of subject material related to grades and subjects taught
- The ability to create and maintain accurate records
- A sensitivity to the developmental stages and well-being of English language learners
- The ability to identify and adapt teaching to varying ranges of student ability and background
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate patience and positive demeanor with students
- Able to work productively as part of a team
- Punctual and capable of consistently meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate willingness to and enthusiasm for professional growth
- Company trip
- Health check
- Work Permit
- Salary review
- Yoga class