Atlantic Five-Star English is recruiting an Academic Manager for our English language centers in Hanoi, Vietnam. We serve a wide range of school-age learners, including primary, lower secondary and upper secondary.
We offer a true 21st-century teaching environment with small class sizes, smartboards in every classroom, tablets, home-cooked meals for students and staff, and the finest Japanese toilets you’ve ever seen (seriously)!
Our teachers, classes and facilities are a cut above the rest, and we’re looking for an Academic Manager who is the same.
The AM-5SC will be the key person supervising all aspects of academic delivery responsible for curriculum revision and development, teacher recruitment and development, and overseeing program quality.
Beyond academics, the AM-5SC will work closely with operations, support sales and marketing, and help develop and implement standard operating procedures. In addition, the AM is expected to teach a small number of hours per week, to maintain familiarity with the classroom setting and our students’ needs.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for problems that need to be solved, an ear for colleagues’ needs, and a head full of ideas for building a great English language center. She or he will also be able to get things done, and will be flexible to adapt to new duties as the centers develop.
* Essential ○
● CELTA or CertTESOL + minimum 5 years’ teaching experience ○
● Significant experience of teaching teenagers as well as IELTS preparation courses ○
● Clean criminal record check from home country and from Vietnam ○
● English language proficiency of C2.
* Desirable ○
● Delta / DipTESOL and/or relevant master’s ○
● Previous experience of leading a teaching team and developing curriculum Experience as examiner for IELTS and/or Cambridge YL / Main suite exams (active or lapsed).
- Compensation: starting from 60 million VND gross / month, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Benefits: paid annual leave, work permit & TRC covered, private & state medical insurance, and end-of-contract bonus.
- Line manager: Director of Studies.
- Interested candidates are advised to send their CV, cover letter, and scans of degree and certificates and passport page.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.