IRIS School is a brand new school situated in the ‘gateway’ town for Northern Vietnam. Thai Nguyen is just 1 hour from Hanoi, offering excellent access to some of Vietnam’s greatest examples of cultural and ecotourism destinations, and providing a haven away from the pollution and congestion of Hanoi.
IRIS School will be celebrating its opening for the coming 2019-2020 academic year, and is now taking applications for Primary and Lower-Secondary teachers. The school is registered as a Pearson Edexcel Test Center and is delivering the iPrimary and iLower-Secondary programs in English, Maths and Science.
IRIS school provides an engaging and comprehensive education environment for its staff and students. As a newly built and purposefully designed campus, the school provides excellent facilities for the accomodation of edtech activities, STEM and sports programs.
The school offers excellent salary and employment conditions for the right candidates and is committed to ensuring that all staff are well-supported to maintain a high degree of job-satisfaction. We are looking for energetic, creative, dedicated and professional Primary and Lower-Secondary school teachers to join our team and make a real difference to Thai Nguyen learners.
- Native English Speaker or able to demonstrate native level proficiency of English
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any field, and;
- ESL teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL,CELTA) as a minimum requirement (preference given to applicants with an Education degree).
- Contact details for a minimum of 2 professional referees.
- Able to provide a background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence;
- Able to pass a health check required by the Vietnamese government.
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering engaging lessons based on a Pearson Edexcel iPrimary Curriculum (in English, Maths and Science classes)
- Contributing to the design, development and delivery of formative assessment activities
- Effective classroom management, including the ability to identify and support individual learner needs
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
- Attending and contributing to staff professional development activities;
- Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving regular feedback on student progress, etc.
- Competitive pay packages based on qualifications and experience
- December Bonus
- Meal and accommodation allowance
- Bonus in case of contract extension
- Great career development opportunities to move in to academic management
- Program training provided
- Outside the classroom, Iris teachers enjoy social events throughout the year, providing plenty of occasions to meet new people and broaden intercultural competencies.
To apply, please provide us with the following documents:
- Updated CV (with contact details for 2 professional referees)
- University (bachelor’s) degree certificate
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/teaching certificate
- Passport photo page
Mrs. Linh Nguyen