Plan and deliver exceptional instruction aligned to the academic standards, assessments, student assessment data, and the SCSA curriculum framework.
- Conduct and organize on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools including standardized tests, performance assessments, anecdotal records, homework and individualized assessments as appropriate.
- Collaborate and co-teach with teachers and Teaching Associates (when applicable).
- Create a classroom culture and environment by consistently modeling the promise, practicing Responsive Classroom techniques, displaying recent high-quality student work, and maintaining a classroom that is designed and organized for maximal student learning.
- Integrate developmentally appropriate, culturally competent, research-based strategies into teaching and assessment practices.
- Integrate the use of complex, engaging, standards-based problems into teaching practice.
- Create and assess standards-based intellectual and relational connections across difference.
- Integrate STEM enhanced theme into teaching and assessment practice.
- Engage parents and families in their students' academic success.
- Contribute to the productivity of the school as a whole.
- Attend and participate in school events outside of regular school hours.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Content and teaching expertise and skilled in the use of document-based questions to assess student learning.
- Proven ability to teach rigorous college ready texts to diverse populations.
- A clear understanding of standards-based curriculum, standards-based assessment, and differentiated instruction.
- Proven ability to use models and exemplars to drive instruction.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
- Commitment to meeting the needs of every child in a diverse population.
- Commitment to his/her own learning and professional development.
- Strong collaborative capabilities.