American Academy (formerly Cleverlearn) has been a leader in ESL education in Vietnam for ten years. At more than 20 campuses across Vietnam as well as Thailand, we offer engaging courses designed for all ages and abilities.
In July of 2010, AMA signed a cooperative agreement worth $3 million (USD) with Cleverlearn Vietnam. Cleverlearn Vietnam is an affiliate of Cleverlearn, Inc., a leading and reliable worldwide provider of English language training founded in the U.S. In 1999.
Cleverlearn, Inc. Established the Vietnam branch in Ho Chi Minh City in 2003. In February of 2012, Cleverlearn Vietnam – HCM Branch officially merged with and was renamed the American Academy.
This new entity has been approved by both the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam and the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Education and Training.
At the time it acquired Cleverlearn (Vietnam), the American Academy introduced and embraced the corporate slogan, “Care & Success” as an expression of the culture and core values that animate AMA and all who are associated with the company.
The formal integration of AMA and Cleverlearn serves as the foundation of a strong and exclusive brand in the arena of American-style English training and academic preparation in Vietnam.
By unifying the programmatic assets of these previously separate enterprises, the newly emerged AMA is well situated and provisioned to seek fresh avenues for its innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
The corporate merger of February 2012 has also set in motion the exploration of and planning for the delivery of authorized undergraduate and graduate education, as well as research and program development both in the field of linguistics and in the area of English language instructional methodology (with a specific scholarly focus on the Active Learning model, the innovative and powerful instructional methodology developed and employed by AMA).
Since early 2011, AMA has established and maintained formal strategic partnerships with a cadre of internationally prominent and respected institutions and educational organizations. Among the company’s partners are:
- The British Council, including status as an official IELTS Examination Center
- Cambridge ESOL Examination Centers. TESOL, as an authorized Preparation and Examination Center.
- Cambridge ESOL and the University Michigan, as a strategic partner in organizing international English examinations.
- Longman Publishers, as a strategic partner Eastern University (USA), as a strategic partner
- University Advisors International, Inc. (USA), as a strategic partner The American Academy of Vietnam (AMA) was awarded Vietnam’s Golden Dragon Prize in 2011 by VnEconomy News in recognition of the company’s business performance, culture of service to students, and record of innovation.
Foreign Teacher at Public Primary and Secondary schools (for students from 6 to 16).
- Being able to teach in the daytime (from 7:00 A.M to 5 P.M), depending on the schedule.
- Undertaking the responsibilities as a teacher set out by the Academic Department.
- Following the curriculum provided by the Academic Department.
- Reporting to Academic Coordinator for any issues in classrooms after each class.
- Substituting for other teachers.
- Doing observations for professional development purpose.
- Attending training courses and any extracurricular activities if required.
- Maintaining a professional attitude suiting educational environment.
- More details will be discussed in the interview.
What you need:
● Native English speaker.
● Bachelor degree or higher.
● TESOL/ TEFL/CELTA certificate (both in-class and online are acceptable)
● Weekday evening and weekend availability.
● Experience teaching young learners is preferred.
What we offer:
● Competitive NET income
● Outstanding facilities & support from academic team
● Work permit, visa/TRC support & remuneration
● Professional development opportunities
● Wide range of class, average 40-50 students/class
● Fantastic social events and company activities Extra benefits for Full time positions:
● Full time contract completion bonus
● International health insurance policy
● Vacation allowance, visa & work permit renewals sponsorship
● Enhanced benefits apply from the 2nd year signing onwards