British Columbia Academy was born to help children learn through their own curiosity and interests.
We value every single characteristic and respect differences among our children.
With an international teaching program using modern approach, we make learning fun and effective.
Our highly qualified teachers motivate children to do their best to discover and pursue their dreams with true passion and intellectual excellence.
• Deliver all classes in an exciting way to keep the children’s attention and interest.
• Learn and understand your students so you can teach to their interests.
• Communicate with parents on their children’s progress through the KidsOnline app.
• Plan and adjust lessons plans to suit your children.
• Work together with your teaching assistant to deliver the best class possible.
• Comfort the children when they are down and play with them during playful activities.
This can be a full-time position, Monday to Friday and up to six Saturdays throughout the year.
The hours that you are expected to be at the school are from 7:15 to 4:30.
Children will be in your classroom from 8 until 4 and sleeping from 12 until 2.
• Bachelors degree in any field, but Early Childhood Education will be given preference.
• Verified TEFL or TESOL certificate.
• Current Police Check from within the past 12 months.
• Experience with young children is preferred.
• You will need to be energetic, happy, and motivated.
• For work permit purposes, you must hold a passport from Canada, U.S.A, U.K, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
• Monthly salary between $1500 to $2200 depending on qualifications and experience.
• We will provide a Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card.
• Lunch will be provided daily.
• Social benefits and insurances will be contributed to.
• 12 Days of annual leave.
• Completion bonus paid after completing a 12-month contract.