1. Teaching and Learning responsibilities
• Tutor and assist students individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers;
• Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior;
• Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades;
• Plan with and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for lessons/activities;
• Assists teacher to implement the developmental assessment for students to determine their strengths and areas for improvement;
• Assist with marking and correcting work;
• Support students with English as a second language;
• Conduct lessons in case of teachers’ absence when required.
2. English Speaking Environment
All teachers and teachers’ assistants are required to encourage and enforce an English speaking environment for all students within the school compound. No communication in Vietnamese should be allowed during and within all Cambridge and English classes.
3. Other tasks
• Participate in staff meetings, parents/teacher meetings, school trip, school activities as requested by the classroom teacher;
• Attend meetings or other functions outside of school hours as needed;
• Participate in on-going professional development;
• Ability to take charge of a class in an emergency situation;
• Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the assigned classroom teachers and/or the School.