The Deputy Supt reports directly to the Superintendent of Gateway International Schools.
The Deputy Supt is also expected to provide regular reports to the Board of Directors who oversees the academic standards and direction of the school.
- Build and implement long term and short term plans in order to achieve strategic outcomes for education quality of all schools in the system
- Establish tools and indicators to measure strategic outcomes, and annual achievements of education quality
- Develop and implement Curriculum and Instructional Strategies (CIS) programs and practices that support enhanced instructional services, increased access to rigorous and challenging courses, improved standardized scores and 1-12 student achievement.
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate curriculum and instructional support programs for primary, secondary and high school education and ensure that programs are efficiently and effectively administered
- Ensure the integration of the GIS curriculum and instructional objectives for each model and at campus level
- Ensure that each school’s improvement plans are aligned with the school’s needs and GIS school-wide goals for the particular model and for GIS common or shared goals
- Determine instructional needs and identify instructional programs to address those needs
- Assist in the development, interpretation, and implementation of policies
- Develops the annual school year academic calendars
- Study and implement improvements from international and Vietnamese achievements and research results at GIS for students and teachers
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among assigned department personnel, GIS personnel and campus administrators to enhance service delivery, program development and customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership and direction to the HOSs to ensure all schools achieve high academic performance
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to design, implement, refine and evaluate assigned programs for continuous improvement aligned with the GIS Strategic Plan
- Advise and provide information to the Superintendent’s staff, Board of Directors (BoD), GIS administrators and others as necessary
- Advise the Superintendent on matters regarding assigned functions/departments
- Assists in the development of Strategic Plans and school-wide initiatives
- Assists in monitoring of BoD ENDS and Executive Limitations as assigned by the Superintendent.
Human Resource Administration/Teacher Evaluation
- Supervise the Heads of Schools of High School, Middle School and Elementary School in the three different models and other personnel in assigned departments
- Oversee the evaluation of campus administration
- Approve the recruitment, hiring and placement of assigned staff
- Assists in interviewing and evaluating potential candidates for school administrative, certified, and classified positions.
- Build a common vision for school improvement/student achievement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of GIS’s mission
- Identify, analyze and apply research and data findings to continuously promote school improvement in instructional programs, staff training and services to schools
- Develop, maintain and use information systems and records necessary to show progress on performance objectives that address Academic Indicators, campus improvement plans and GIS like-model, long-range plans
Communication and Community Relations
- Demonstrate awareness of GIS and community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs
- Participate in GIS and campus staff development programs that improve job related skills and professional growth
- Demonstrate current knowledge, understanding and skills appropriate to the role of Deputy Superintendent
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of HOSs and other administrators including senior leaders of ERPC
- Special Needs Programs for students who learn differently
- Career and Technical Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Professional Learning
- School Safety
- Technology Programs